Friday, November 20, 2009

Desperate moments call for desperate measures...

Sometimes, we just need a little inspiration.  Or, shall we say...desperation?

Closing into my 5th month of pregnancy, I still haven't got over my desperation for Singapore or Chinese or Indian food.  I was spoilt in Chicago for 10days and now that it is back to reality, the only way I can sniff any Singapore food is if I were to cook them myself.

Thank god for PrimaTaste - I couldn't imagine where am I gonna get chicken curry in my neighbourhood(or town, or city, or province, or...let's not bother going any further) for dinner when the crave for something hearty, coconutty and spicy hits me.  Now, I feel like crying cos I just did a inventory of my pantry and realized I used the last supply of my Singapore Chicken Curry last Tuesday.  I am even out of Hainanese Chicken rice too!  These are times that I feel like sobbing my heart out.

Now that we are moving in less than 2 weeks to our new home, I have to plan ways to clear my freezer.  I think I'm gonna do some codfish tonight with the yummy Lee Kum Kee ready-to-serve sauce out of a packet(I know this is not made from scratch and all but this sauce is so yummy and ready-to-go I don't see why I should even bother!).  My forecast for tomorrow would be chinese BBQ spare ribs - I wanted to eat that tonight but I forgot I have to marinate them overnight.  I think Sunday would be perfect for some Indian Tandoori Chicken.       

And so, desperate moments call for some good home-cooked food.  Afterall, we really couldn't find a good Indian curry restaurant within 100miles of us.  If only I am in London....sigh....  C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment